The Church Building and Accessibility
At Brecksville United Methodist Church, we are all about creating safe spaces to grow with God and one another, and that includes those with physical and cognitive abilities which are atypical.
Our building was constructed in 1953. In the years since, we have made modifications to help those with physical limitations enjoy our four story building.
Our Sanctuary is located on the second floor of the church. If you park on Stadium Drive and enter through the main doors, you’ll be right there! There is a long sidewalk, though, and no accessible ramp from the street to the sidewalk near the building. Our primary parking lot is located on the lowest level. A small elevator is located at the west end of the building for those with mobility needs.
- We have a small elevator at the west entrance on the ground floor.
- There are spaces designated for wheelchairs in the Sanctuary.
- In the summer of 2023, we are installing an ADA approved automatic door opener at the west entrance on the ground floor.
- Restrooms on the first and second floors are ADA accessible.
- Wheelchairs are available for use.
- We have diaper changing stations in the restrooms on the second floor.
Large print editions of printed materials for our worship service are available at every service.
Our church is a certified sensory inclusive facility through Kulture City. Church staff and volunteers complete sensory training each year, we have sensory bags available upon request, and we have dedicated quiet spaces.
If you would like to come tour the church before attending, you are welcome! If there is something we can do to make church more accessible for you or someone in your family, please contact us.